If you are trying to export data from Notion to CSV and it doesn’t work, it might be because you are doing this in Notion’s desktop app.
There seems to be a bug in Notion’s desktop version with CSV exports.
Luckily, there is an easy workaround that fixes this frustrating issue!
- To export data to CSV from Notion's desktop app, you need to open the Notion web app in your browser.
- From there, open the page you want to export from, click on the three dots in the top right corner, and select "Export".
- Then select Markdown & CSV from the dropdown menu and this should generate a zip folder with .csv file that works just fine and opens in Excel with no issues.
If you're still having trouble after following the steps above, it's best to contact Notion's customer support team. They can help you resolve the issue and answer any questions you have.
- 👨💻 Bloggers/Digital Marketers/Writers: Let AI check your preview and spot errors before hitting publish (peace of mind when AI confirms all good 😉)
- 🧑🎓 Students/Researchers: Ask AI questions about anything right in the browser and receive contextually relevant answers based on the web page. No need for text-selecting or copy/pasting to Chat GPT! Just put your question and hit enter! AI can see the page just like you do.
- 🧑🤝🧑 Everyone: Don’t feel like reading the whole thing (article, blog post, research)? Get one sentence summary of any page in English or another language (French, German, Spanish and others). No need to copy/paste and translate. It’s a breeze!
✅ Free trial is available.