Notion is a powerful tool for organizing and presenting information, but its formula functionality is limited to databases.
Using Excel Formulas as a Workaround for Notion Tables
If you want to use formulas in a simple table in Notion, one workaround is to use Excel to perform the calculations and then copy and paste the data into your Notion table.
- Open an Excel spreadsheet and enter your data into the appropriate columns.
- Use Excel’s formula functionality to perform the desired calculations on your data.
- Once you have the results of your calculations, select the cells containing the data and copy them (Ctrl+C or right-click and select “Copy”).
- In Notion, create a new table or open an existing one.
- Select the group of cells where you want to paste the data and press Ctrl+V or right-click and select “Paste”.
- The data from your Excel spreadsheet should now be in your Notion table.
This method allows you to use Excel’s powerful formula functionality while still being able to organize and present your data in a Notion table.